In today’s multifaceted organizations, human resource professionals must respond to the growing challenges of regulatory compliance, complex benefit plans, and training and motivating employees.
The Graduate Certificate in Human Resources Management fosters a deep understanding of organizational development and effective change management; workforce planning and strategic recruitment; and training and performance management.
|Affirmative Action Coordinator||HR Coordinator|
|Arbitrators||HR Development Specialist|
|Compensation Manager/Specialist||HR Generalist|
|Customer Service||HR Information System Specialist|
|Director of HR*||Job Analysts / Position Classifier|
|Director of Industrial Relations*||Labor Relations Manger*|
|Employee Assistance Plan Manager*||Mediators|
|Employee Benefits Manager/Specialist*||Occupational Analyst|
|Employer Relations Representative||Recruitment Specialist|
|Employment Interviewer||Training and Development Manager/Specialist*|
|Employment/Placement Manager*||Training Manager/Specialist*|
|Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Officer*||Volunteer Coordinator (Non-Profit)|
Some positions may require additional experience or licensing.
This is a limited sample of employers who have posted jobs on NUcareers; please note, that they may not currently have positions posted.
|Accessible HR||Elm Talent Group|
|ConnectedSearch, LLC||Green Key Resources|
With just a some exceptions all businesses, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations have Human Resources needs and functions.
These samples titles can be used to research internship opportunities.
- Human Resources Intern
- Training and Development Internship
- Customer Service Intern
Students enrolled in the College of Professional Studies may click here for co-op and internship information.
Websites for Career Exploration
- Bureau of Labor Statistics – Occupational Outlook Handbook
- MassCIS – Massachusetts Information System
- Vocational Biographies (username: NE Univ; password: RAZDE)
Websites for Job Search
Campus Organizations and Activities
- Council for University Programs (CUP)
- Resident Student Association (RSA)
- Student Government Association
For additional student organizations click here.
For additional student involvement opportunities click here.
Find valuable industry information, job sites, and professional networking opportunities.
- American Society for Training and Development
- International Association for HR Information Management
- International Personnel Management Association
- Society for Human Resource Management
Sample industry specific LinkedIn groups. Stay on top of industry trends, company information, job listings and networking opportunities. Visit the Social Media and LinkedIn pages for more information on how to leverage your social media network.
- Human Resources Professionals: THE “Unofficial” forum for SHRM
- Northeastern University Career Development
- Northeastern University International Students and Alumni Networking Group
- sheLEADS at Northeastern
- Talent Management Research and Best-Practices Network