Welcome to the Department of Career Development
Northeastern University prides itself for having a premier career development department, nationally ranked #1 by the Princeton Review for 4 out of the past 7 years. With 250 programs each year and over 3,000 engaged employers, we strive to meet students’ and alumni needs though career counseling, walk-ins, and innovative workshops. Our experienced team is devoted to developing new and unique opportunities for student and alumni career growth and development.
- 96% of students surveyed indicated that they made progress toward their career goals after one meeting with a career counselor in Career Development.
- 100% of students surveyed indicated that they would return to Career Development for another advising meeting.
- Career Development hosts one of the largest career fairs in the region.
- Career Development listed jobs at approximately 1,800 new companies for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- 92% of students are employed or attending graduate school within 9 months of graduating.
Career Development provides resources, guidance and opportunities which help students, recent graduates and alumni to:
- Choose a major and explore career options
- Make career decisions that will engage them in productive and fulfilling work
- Prepare for and conduct successful job and internship searches
- Create meaningful and effective engagement with employers
- Contribute to meeting global and societal needs
Department Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m; Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Appointments: Monday -Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Enrolled students and alumni can make individual appointments with one of our career counselors.
There is a high demand for appointment times and our career counselors want to ensure they are providing you the best service possible. Therefore, if you are unable to keep your appointment, we require that you contact us at least 24-hours in advance to cancel or reschedule. This will enable our career counselors to see another individual who has been waiting for an appointment to be scheduled in that time slot. Thank you.
- Students schedule appointments via myNEU
- Alumni schedule appointments by calling 617-373-2430
- NOTE: Students in MBA and Master’s programs in Business are served by the MBA Career Center
Walk-in Hours: Monday - Friday: 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Walk-ins are 15- minute meetings for reviewing resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles and salary negotiation. They are scheduled on a first-come-first served basis, and students must sign-in at the front desk in the lobby of the Stearns Center.
Maps, Parking and Directions