Career Development Mission
Northeastern University prides itself on having a top ranked career development department, that has been consistently ranked #1 or #2 by The Princeton Review since 2011 and #1 Career Services by College Magazine in 2014. With over 250 programs and events each year and up to 3,000 co-op and full-time employers, we strive to meet the career needs of our students, from freshman to recent graduates and alumni through career advising, daily walk-ins, and individual appointments, In addition, we offer innovative and thought-provoking workshops and networking events.
The mission of our team is to fully dedicate ourselves to developing and expanding unique career opportunities for the Northeastern community. Recent student surveys state that:
- 96% of students indicated that they made progress toward their career goals after one meeting with a career counselor in Career Development.
- 100% of students indicated that they would return to Career Development for another advising meeting.
- Career Development hosts one of the largest career fairs in the region, held twice a year (October and February) enabling students to connect with over 400 employers.
- Career Development listed jobs at approximately 2,000 new companies for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- 92% of students are employed or attending graduate school within 9 months of graduating.
The career development department provides personalized career guidance for undergraduate, graduate students and alumni. We have a multitude of resources, tools and opportunities to help guide students towards a successful and fulfilling future. We help students:
- Strategize and choose a major, explore career options
- Think about career decisions that will engage students to be productive and seek fulfilling work
- Prepare for and conduct successful full-time job and internship searches
- Create meaningful and effective engagement with co-op and full-time employers
- Contribute to meeting global and societal concerns and needs