Welcome to the Department of Career Development
Northeastern University prides itself for having a premier career development department, consistently ranked #1 or #2 by The Princeton Review since 2011 and ranked #1 Career Services by College Magazine in 2014. With 250 programs each year and over 3,000 engaged employers, we strive to meet students’ and alumni needs though career counseling, walk-ins, and innovative workshops. Our experienced team is devoted to developing new and unique opportunities for student and alumni career growth and development.
- 96% of students surveyed indicated that they made progress toward their career goals after one meeting with a career counselor in Career Development.
- 100% of students surveyed indicated that they would return to Career Development for another advising meeting.
- Career Development hosts one of the largest career fairs in the region, held twice a year (October and February.)
- Career Development listed jobs at approximately 1,800 new companies for the 2013-2014 academic year.
- 92% of students are employed or attending graduate school within 9 months of graduating.
Career Development provides resources, guidance and opportunities which help students, recent graduates and alumni to:
- Choose a major and explore career options
- Make career decisions that will engage them in productive and fulfilling work
- Prepare for and conduct successful job and internship searches
- Create meaningful and effective engagement with employers
- Contribute to meeting global and societal needs
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m
Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
15-minute in-person review sessions for resumes and cover letters and LinkedIn profiles for students and alumni. You will need a hard copy of your document.
Hours: Daily, Mon.-Fri., 1:30-3:30 pm
No Advanced Sign-up: First-come, first served. You will be required to sign in at the front desk.
Career Counseling Appointments
30 or 60 minute appointments in-person, by phone or skype for in-depth questions and conversations. Career counseling appointments are for currently enrolled students and alumni.
Hours: Mon-Thurs. 8:30-6:00, Fri., 8:30-5:00
NOTE: Students in MBA and Master’s programs in Business are served by the MBA Career Center
NEW! Career Express (STARTING OCTOBER 2, FRIDAY)
Beginning October 2, we will be offering 30 minute appointments in-person, by phone or skype for quick questions and immediate, time-sensitive needs. Examples include: You have an upcoming interview and need some pointers; You need assistance evaluating a job offer or negotiating salary. Career Express Hours are for currently enrolled students. Limited to one session per week.
Hours: Tuesdays, 2-4pm, Fridays, 10 am-12pm. Appointments will be posted 48 hours in advance, same day appointments offered if available.
Sign-up Required: Call the front desk to schedule, 617-373-2430
Maps, Parking and Directions