Career Development Mission
Northeastern University prides itself on having a top ranked career development department, that has been consistently ranked #1 or #2 by The Princeton Review since 2011 and #1 Career Services by College Magazine in 2014. With over 250 programs and events each year and over 3,000 co-op and full-time employers, we strive to meet the career needs of our students, from freshman to recent graduates and alumni through career advising, daily walk-ins, individual appointments, employer events and career workshops.
The mission of our team is to fully dedicate ourselves to developing and expanding unique career opportunities for our students and Northeastern community. Recent student surveys state that:
- 96% of students indicated that they made progress toward their career goals after one meeting with a career counselor in Career Development.
- 100% of students indicated that they would return to Career Development for another advising meeting.
- Career Development hosts one of the largest career fairs in the region, held twice a year (October and February) enabling students to connect with over 500 employers.
- Career Development listed jobs at approximately 2,000 new companies for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- 92% of students are employed or attending graduate school within 9 months of graduating.
With a multitude of resources, tools, and opportunities to help guide students towards a successful and fulfilling future, our vision is to help students:
- Strategize and choose a major, explore career options
- Prepare for and conduct successful full-time job and internship searches
- Create meaningful and effective engagement with co-op and full-time employers
- Contribute to meeting global and societal concerns and needs
Follow us on Facebook, become a fan!