Want to kickstart your job search? Here are the five best ways to use Career Development to get the edge you need.
- Attend the Career Fair and other events. Get face time with employers! The best way to learn how to interact with employers is to practice. Who knows - someone might have a job opening that you could fill! Visit the Career Development department and attend Career Fair Prep workshops to help you get the most out of your experience.
- Go to a Small Group Job Search workshop. Work with career coaches and fellow students as you learn the ins and outs of conducting your job search. Discover everything from networking, finding job openings, and navigating social media.
- Participate in On-Campus Recruiting. Did you know that employers come on campus to interview students like you? Get started today! Log into HuskyCareerLink, search for jobs labeled On-Campus Recruiting, and apply!
- Go to Walk-Ins. 15 minutes makes a big difference. Meet with a career counselor to look over your resume or cover letter. Walk-ins are held every Monday through Friday from 1:30 - 3:30 PM.
- Learn how to use LinkedIn. LinkedIn has over 200 million members! Are you one of them? Learn how to use this incredible career-building resource to its fullest potential by attending LinkedIn 101 or LinkedIn for Networking.
These five tips are just the tip of the iceberg. Take charge of your future by seeing what else Career Development has to offer!