Spring 2017 Auditions
After Miss Julie
A version of Strindberg’s Miss Julie by Patrick Marber, Directed by A. Nora Long
Performances: February 8- 12
A version of Ibsen’s A Doll’s House by Ingmar Bergman, Directed by Antonio Ocampo-Guzman
Performances: February 15-19
A Midsummer Night’s Dream
by William Shakespeare, Directed by David Demke
Performances: March 23-April 2
DATE: Wednesday December 7
TIME: 6:30pm – 10pm
LOCATION: THEATRE LAB @ Ryder 334
- Please prepare 2 monologues of no more than one minute each:
- 1 from a Shakespeare Comedy or Sonnet of your choice – options available in the theatre office after the Thanksgiving Break
- 1 non-classical monologue; European Pre 1950’s modern drama preferred but contemporary is okay
- We will have Shakespeare sonnet and soliloquy options available in the theatre office. We are also happy to help suggest modern text options. Please don’t hesitate to ask!
- More help finding Shakespeare monologues is here: http://www.shakespeare-monologues.org. Monologues should be 15-20 lines. Sonnet suggestions: 1, 29, 34, 44, 71, 87, 94, 116, 121, 129, 147, 151.
- Copies of the scripts are available in the Department of Theatre office, please read them!
- Please sign up for an audition time in the theatre office after the thanksgiving break.
- Audition Information Sheets will be available in the office after Thanksgiving. Please fill one out for EACH PRODUCTION you are interested in before your audition and bring with you to the audition. If you would like to be considered all productions, you will need to fill out 3 forms. If you are studying abroad or are out on co-op, please email Marti at firstname.lastname@example.org for a form to complete.
- Students on CO-OP or studying abroad can submit a video audition and completed forms to Marti at email@example.com by 5 pm TUESDAY DECEMBER 6.
- Actors will audition for all 3 productions at the same time.
- You will check-in with Stage Management in the RYDER 372 before your audition.
- Please plan to arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled audition. If you are not present when we are ready for you, you will be skipped and fit into an available spot.
- Call back auditions will be scheduled by the directors. If you have any scheduling conflicts for the call back auditions, please include on your information sheets.
Call Back Auditions
DATE: Thursday December 8
TIME: Beginning at 6:00pm
- RY 334: Nora
- RY 372: After Miss Julie
- Studio Theatre: A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Please check the call board on Thursday December 8 for more information and audition sides.
- Students who audition via video may not be called back for auditions, but this will not disqualify you from casting – last spring we cast 3 actors from video auditions!!
- We hope to announce casting by the end of day Friday December 9 via posting in the Department of Theatre Office and on the Department of Theatre Website.
- After Miss Julie will begin rehearsals Tuesday January 10.
- Nora will begin rehearsals Tuesday January 10.
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream will begin rehearsals Tuesday February 7.