Northeastern University’s MEISA chapter won the 2007 Chapter of the Year Award at the MEIEA International Conference.
MEISA Receives Husky Award for Organizational Excellence
This award honors a student organization whose purpose or mission serves a specific membership or area of interest and one who follows its mission by positively impacting its members.
What is MEISA?
The National Music and Entertainment Industry Students Association (MEISA) was organized by MEIEA in 1979 to bring music business students together with educators and the leaders of the music and entertainment industry in order to more successfully prepare for careers in these fields. The goal of the Association is to provide a marketplace for ideas, strategies, and original concepts in education to meet the professional challenges for the music industry of the 21st century.
What is MEISA’s mission?
- To provide a forum for students participating in music industry education programs to interact with educators and representatives of the Music Industry;
- To advance the students’ knowledge, experience, and skills, in furtherance of career goals in the Music Industry;
- To participate and engage in programs and activities organized by MEIEA, i.e., conferences, seminars, workshops, and other activities that further students’ objectives;
- To interact with students nationally and locally who are participating in Music Industry Education programs at other colleges and universities;
- To acquire mentor-ship, career guidance and counseling by interacting with Music Industry Educators and representatives from the Music Industry.
Why should I join MEISA?
MEISA is a really great opportunity for students to get to know other students. It’s a great way to get involved with Northeastern and to get involved with the Music and Entertainment Industries. MEISA hopes to provide you with ample opportunities to meet professionals in these industries, to meet Music Industry students at other schools, who will one day be your colleague, and to give you the opportunity to start becoming involved with the aspects of the Music and Entertainment Industries that interest you.
This organization is for students. If you have an idea or if there is an aspect of the Music or Entertainment Industries that you would like to explore, it can be done. MEISA is for you and just about anything is possible.
What will be expected of me?
Generally speaking, MEISA will meet every other week. We strongly encourage you to make every meeting. There will also be events throughout the semester, usually during the evening or on the week-end. We encourage you to attend these events; they are for your benefit.