Georgia Southern University
Music Technology Graduate Teaching Assistant
2011-2012 Academic Year
Call for Applications
Job Profile and Description:
The music technology graduate teaching assistant will pursue a Master of Music in the Music Technology graduate program at Georgia Southern University. The graduate assistant plays a key role in the everyday functioning of the program and department. The G.A. assists the director of Music Technology in the studio and classroom, and provides both instructional and non-instructional support. The graduate teaching assistant also aids in the management of the music library, particularly in archiving department recordings.
The Graduate Teaching Assistantship provides tuition and a stipend.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Teaching assistant responsibilities for music technology classes
• Assist in the management of the department recording studio facilities, music technology classroom, composition studio, and music library
• Supervise the recording crew – a team of undergraduate students responsible for the recording and editing of all live performances for the department of music
• Assist in maintaining the music technology website.
• Provide support and aid in the management of the music library
• In the second year the student’s primary responsibility will be to serve as instructor of record for introductory courses.
Skills and Specifications:
• Proficient with Digital Audio Workstations and Notation software
• Experience in, or the ability to learn the basics of audio equipment maintenance.
• Strong interest in musical signal processing and studio techniques
• Experience in Supercollider3 and/or Max5 is desirable, but not necessary.
• Web design experience is desirable, but not necessary.
Education and Qualifications:
• See the M.M. in Music Technology Admission Requirements at: