We offer a 6 courses in Game Design, which is open to all departments and Colleges at Northeastern. Through this game design minor students can make games and create portfolio pieces. Students will also be able to apply principles from their own discipline to the game designs.
All students are required to take the Foundations of Game Design class (GAME 2500).
Select any GAME class (except 2500 or 2150), or IM 2100 Digital Narrative 1 or IM 2200 Digital Narrative 2, IM 3250 Physical Computing, or an HCI class from: IS 4300 Human Computer Interaction or IE 4522 Human Machine Systems + IE 4523 Lab for IE 4522
Current list of GAME courses are:
- GAME 1110 Games and Society
- GAME 2200 Games and Learning
- GAME 3330 Game Interface Design
- GAME 3400 Level Design and Game Architecture
- GAME 3700 Game Projects: Preproduction
- GAME 3800 Game Projects: Assets and Prototyping
- GAME 3899 Topics in Game Design
- GAME 4700 Game Design Capstone 1
- GAME 4701 Game Design Capstone 2