bonfire

CAMD Playlist – Bonfire Blue

Each week, a student, faculty, staff, or alum curates a playlist around the theme of their choice. Next up:

Bonfire Blue by Chris Conway

Many thanks to Music Industry alum Chris Conway (AMD’13) for curating the next playlist in our series with Green Line Records. A founding member of the band Bonfire Blue, Chris shares a selection of the music that’s inspiring him right now:

If I had to pick a theme for this playlist I suppose it would be songs that are most influencing my own songwriting at the moment. Most of the tracks on here are on the longer side so I decided to restrain it to ten tracks for the sake of digestibility. There is a clear 80’s new wave/shoegaze/post-punk sound to the majority of the songs, and I think that style is something you might hear a bit of in our next record. I am definitely attracted to some of the sounds of that era but am trying to balance that sound with a rawness that is heard in the examples of Pile, the Pixies, and Wolf Parade. I don’t know how much this playlist will actually reflect the music we eventually release but it is certainly filled with tracks that are on heavy rotation for me. Enjoy.

Be sure to check out Bonfire Blue on their website and on Bandcamp, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Enjoy more CAMD Playlists and learn how to submit your own.