gameheader

Game Design Empower Chain

Inspired by the university’s Empower Campaign, we asked the simple question, “Who empowers you?” What follows is a testament to the thoughtfulness and thankfulness of students, faculty, alumni, and staff connected to the Department of Game Design.

If someone from the College of Arts, Media and Design empowers you, take a moment to share it on Twitter or Instagram with the tags #CAMD and #EmpowerNU. And if you’d like to start your own CAMD Empower Chain, please email Elana Thomas at e.thomas@neu.edu.

Let’s get started!

Zach Fand

Zach Fand

Position

Game Design and Computer Science major (AMD/CCIS’14)

Who empowers you?

Throughout my experience at Northeastern University, there has been one person that pushed me the hardest. Dr. Mark Sivak never gave me a break in any of his classes because he knew that I always had the potential to out-do my last assignment. If it weren’t for him, I would not have had the co-ops and experiences I had while here. Dr. Sivak’s words will continue to motivate me to do my best in my work and in my life.

Up next…

Mark Sivak

Mark Sivak

Position

Associate Academic Specialist
 – Interdisciplinary Experience Design

Who empowers you?

Julie Murphy, who graduated in 2013 with a degree in Digital Art and Game Design is who empowers me. She was part of the inaugural class of Game Design combined majors at Northeastern and was in many ways a trail blazer. She always tried her best, from a Directed Study she did with me early in her studies to her Senior Project, which I had the pleasure of advising, to her Work Study job doing research on a education game I was designing. She was a model student and I knew when she graduated she would go on to do great things in industry and she has.

More to come…