CAMD Playlists

CAMD Playlist – Growing Up

Each week, a student, faculty, staff, or alum curates a playlist around the theme of their choice. Enjoy more CAMD Playlists and learn how to submit your own on the CAMD website.

Growing Up by Andrew Gifford

Andrew Gifford, the new president of Green Line Records and a Music Industry major, shares the next playlist in our partnership with Northeastern’s student-run record label:

“When I was ten years old, I thought i didn’t like music and never would. It wasn’t till i got older that I discovered how the inherent escapism of art could provide me brief moments of respite from the suffocating, closed-minded suburban town where I grew up. Songs like these opened up new worlds by mirroring what it felt like; isolating and crystallizing frustrations that otherwise remained hopelessly smeared together. They showed my younger self how music could communicate universally shared experiences amongst human beings. Something about the right combination of instrumentation and lyrics taps into a primordial element that lives deep inside in all of us. Through making and sharing music together, we provide one-another the emotional catharsis needed to sustain the constant forward motion of daily life and continue walking our paths. If you listen closely, you’ll find that this playlist tells a story. Though it will say different things, I hope it speaks to you as much as it does to me.”

Take a listen!