Submissions for the 2014 CAMD Goes Global Photo Challenge are closed but eligible students and recent alumni can participate in the 2015 Challenge. We invite you to view a photo gallery of student submissions and read about the special exhibition winners.
We want to showcase your photos from study abroad, Dialogue of Civilizations, and international co-op!
This summer, we are inviting current CAMD students and recent graduates to share photos that reflect the theme of global engagement for two exhibitions:
1. Share a photo on Twitter or Instagram as part of CAMD’s digital exhibition and then view them on the CAMD website
2. Submit a photo to the Office of Academic Advising and Cooperative Education for consideration in a special exhibition this fall
Share a snapshot of your Dialogue of Civilizations, study abroad program, international co-op, or other meaningful global experience. We’ll collect your images for a digital exhibition on the CAMD website, in Ryder Hall, and in the Digital Media Commons at Snell Library.
How to Submit Images
Upload an image, give a brief description, and tag it with #CAMD
Upload an image, give a brief description, and tag your tweet with #CAMD
Send an image and a brief description to Alexis Ditkowsky at email@example.com
Academic Advising and Cooperative Education Exhibition
CAMD’s Office of Academic Advising and Cooperative Education is seeking photos of study abroad, Dialogue of Civilizations, and international co-op by current CAMD students and recent graduates that reflect the theme of global engagement. Select photos will be printed, framed, and displayed in an exhibition in Meserve Hall and all photos will be included in the digital exhibition. During Welcome Week, students, faculty, and staff will vote for their favorite photos and the winners will be awarded prizes, including a $100 House of Blues gift card, a $50 Barnes and Noble gift card, and a $25 restaurant gift card.
If you would like your work to be considered for this exhibition, review the submission guidelines below, email your high resolution photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, and fill out the submission form by Thursday, July 31.
1. Email ONE photo to email@example.com with the subject line “CAMD Goes Global” by Thursday, July 31.
The file should be:
- Saved as RGB
- Saved as a .jpg or .tiff
- Saved with your name and type of international experience as the file name (e.g. JaneSmith_Dialogue.jpg)
- Saved at no less than 180 pixels per inch for a minimum document size of 8″x8″ or 8″x10″
2. Complete the submission form below by Thursday, July 31.
- After the deadline of Thursday, July 31, submissions will be reviewed by Academic Advising and Cooperative Education staff members.
- Staff will select a limited number of photos that represent a range of student experiences.
- Students will be notified about the status of their submission by the end of August.
- Select photos will be printed, framed, and hung at 100 Meserve Hall in the Office of Academic Advising and Cooperative Education.
- During Welcome Week in early September, student, faculty, and staff will vote for their favorite photos. The students who created the top three photos will be awarded prizes: 1st place will receive a $100 House of Blues gift card; 2nd place will receive a $50 Barnes and Noble gift card; 3rd place will receive a $25 restaurant gift card.
- Please note that by submitting your photograph as part of this opportunity, you voluntarily give the University the rights to reproduce and use said photograph in any manner the University desires, including but not limited to University promotional and marketing materials.
- One entry per student.
Tell us a little about yourself and the photo you’re submitting for consideration in the Academic Advising and Cooperative Education Exhibition. Please complete this form and email your photo from study abroad, international co-op, or Dialogue of Civilizations to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, July 31.
Submissions are now closed.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email email@example.com. Good luck!
Images by: Isabel Brostella (international co-op, South Africa); Anthony Gentles (Dialogue of Civilizations, Ireland); Ryan Gagnebin (study abroad, China)