On Saturday, February 16 as part of a yearly Northeastern University tradition of bridging a connection between newly admitted students and the campus they may soon call home, the College of Arts, Media and Design wishes to extend an official “welcome” to our newest admitted students with programming for Welcome Day 2013.
With our respected faculty, dedicated staff, and proud current students available to answer questions, provide insight about the college and its programs, and share their stories for why CAMD truly is a beacon for innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurship, this is a unique opportunity for admitted students and their families to learn what it’s really like to be a student at Northeastern. From answers about financial aid and classes offered to tours of the residence halls, our goal is to help admitted students feel at home as they make an informed decision about their potential new community.
If you haven’t yet, register for Welcome Day 2013 in the myNEU Admitted Student Portal and prepare for a full day of amazing events with the College of Arts, Media, and Design!
Schedule of Events
7:45am – 8:30am: Registration
Receive the schedule of events for the day and enjoy a continental breakfast in the lower level of Curry Student Center.
8:30am – 9:45am: Dean’s Welcome and College Presentation
10:00am – 11:15am: Academic Department Sessions
10:30am – 2:00pm: Residence Hall Tours
Enjoy a group tour of the freshmen and upper-class residence halls.
11:00am – 2:00pm: Information Tables
Get your questions answered by representatives from Athletics/Campus Rec, Disability Resource Center, Housing/Res Life, ROTC, Student Financial Services, and Undergraduate Admissions.
11:00am – 4:00pm: Lunch in the Dining Hall
Enjoy lunch in the freshman dining halls. Meal coupons will be provided at registration.
11:30am – 12:15pm: Concurrent Presentations
- Financing Your Education – Hear from our expert staff about the available options to make a Northeastern education affordable.
- Residential and Campus Life – A student discussion to include: Athletics, Campus Activities, Campus Recreation, and Housing and Residential Life.
- The University Honors Program – Students admitted into the University Honors Program are invited to learn more about this exciting academic opportunity. Tours of the Honors residence halls will be available following the presentation.
12:00pm – 1:00pm: Academic Fair
Meet with representatives from the College of Arts, Media and Design.
12:30pm – 1:15pm: Concurrent Presentations
- Financing Your Education - Hear from our expert staff about the available options to make a Northeastern education affordable.
- Global Opportunities – Learn more about the global learning opportunities which include international study abroad, international co-op, and our faculty-led program, Dialogue of Civilization.
- Residential and Campus Life - A student discussion to include: Athletics, Campus Activities, Campus Recreation, and Housing and Residential Life.
- The University Honors Program - Students admitted into the University Honors Program are invited to learn more about this exciting academic opportunity. Tours of the Honors residence halls will be available following the presentation.
1:00pm – 3:30pm: General Campus Tours
Tours of the campus, led by student guides, run continuously from 1:00pm – 3:30pm and are one hour in length. A typical freshmen residence hall room will be shown on the tour.
1:30pm: Deans Reception
Join Dean Xavier Costa and CAMD faculty and staff at a special reception.
1:30pm: Guided Tour: Prudential Center Skywalk Observatory (students only)
Join other CAMD students and enjoy the best view in the city! The tour will be led by George Thrush, Professor of Architecture.
1:30pm: SMFA Tour (students only)
Tour the SMFA! This is an excellent opportunity to explore the studios and meet faculty and current students.
2:00pm: Music Department Student Showcase
Hear short performances by our currently enrolled students and talk with them about student life and music here at Northeastern.
7:30pm: Making Theatre: Experiential Education at Its Best
Join Theatre Professor Antonio Ocampo-Guzman, the director of The Seagull, for a pre-show conversation about Chekhov’s comedy.
8:00pm: Performance of Anton Chekhov’s The Seagull
Twenty complimentary tickets will be held at The Studio Theatre Box Office between 7:00pm and 7:30pm.
*Please note: the final CAMD Welcome Day 2013 schedule is subject to change. A final copy of the schedule will be available to visitors upon check in.
CAMD’s Welcome Day is part of a University-wide Welcome Days program, which features programming for each of the campus’ colleges. For more information about Northeastern Welcome Days 2013, please visit the Welcome Days page on the Undergraduate Admissions site or call 617.373.2200.