To combine a half major that is housed in the College of Arts, Media and Design (CAMD), come to Academic Advising and Cooperative Education (AACE) office at 100 Meserve Hall to meet with an Academic Advisor.
Two half majors in Art + Design are not allowed.
Art + Design at Northeastern
Art + Design History
Complete the following four required courses:
- ARTH 1110 Global Art + Design History: Ancient to Medieval
- ARTH 1111 Global Art + Design History: Renaissance to Modern
- ARTH 2210 Modern Art + Design History
- ARTH 2211 Contemporary Art + Design History
Complete the following one required course:
Art + Design History Electives
Complete five courses from the below list.
NOTE: Architectural History and Media and Screen Studies courses may also be used upon approval by the chair of the Department of Art + Design.
- ARTH 1100 Interactive Media and Society
- ARTH 2213 19th Century Art
- ARTH 2214 American Art
- ARTH 4500 Art of the African Diaspora
- ARTH 5100 Contemporary Art Theory and Criticism
- ARTH 5200 Issues in Contemporary Art
- ARTH 5300 Postmodernism: Theory and Practice in the Visual Arts
- ARTH 5400 Contemporary Visual Culture
- ARTH 5500 – Art and New Media: History and Theory
- ARTE 2501 Art + Design Abroad: History
- ARTE 4902 Special Topics in Art + Design History