Students with majors outside Department of Art + Design, during 4-5 years undergraduate studies take these Art + Design courses listed below.
- ARTH 1110 Art + Design History before 1400
- ARTH 1111 Art + Design History since 1400
- ARTH 2210 Art + Design History, 1900 to 1945
- ARTH 2211 Art + Design History, 1945 to Present
- ARTH 2212 Survey of the Still & Moving Image
- ARTH 2213 19th Century Art
- ARTH 2214 American Art
- ARTH 4500 Arts of the African Diaspora
- ARTH 5100 – Contemporary Art Theory and Criticism
- ARTH 5200 Issues in Contemporary Art
- ARTH 5300 Postmodernism: Theory and Practice in the Visual Arts
- ARTH 5400 Contemporary Visual Culture
- ARTH 4901 – Special Topics in Art + Design History
- ARTH 5902 – Special Topics in Art + Design History
- ARTE 2501 Art + Design Abroad: History
All Minors can self-register for minor courses at the 1000 and 2000 level once the minor is declared on their degree audit. For example if students can self-register for ARTG 2250 Typography 1 if the prerequisite ARTF 1122 2D Foundation is completed.
Please note the following courses are excluded from minor self-registration:
- ARTF 1122 2D Foundation and ARTF 1123 2D Tools: Imaging Basics
- ARTF 1124 3D Foundation and ARTF 1125 3D Tools: Forms Basics
- ARTF 2223 Interactive Foundation and ARTF 2224 Interactive Tools
- ARTF 2220 4D Foundation and ARTF 2221 4D Tools
To register for these courses, please contact the Department of Art + Design if you are not an Art + Design major, or Greg Zuch, A+D Academic Advisor if you are an Art + Design major.
Please complete the Art + Design Course Registration Form.