The benefits to students are easy to see:
- A substantial number of new graduates who become employed full-time receive job offers from former co-op employers.
- Students going on to graduate school have numerous work experiences, contacts and professional networks already established.
The Co-op Program offers students opportunities to:
- Clarify short and long term personal, educational, and career goals.
- Explore jobs in their chosen fields.
- Integrate what is studied in classes with what is experienced when working.
- Enhance understanding and appreciation for the “world at work.”
- Develop job finding, job survival, and career advancement skills.
- Strengthen their developing identities as professionals in their career choice, working with role models in their chosen field.