MASTER OF ARCHITECTURE
Open to candidates with a non-architecture undergraduate degree
Application Deadline: February 1 for July entry
The program requires three years and a summer term to complete. Students have the option to spend a semester at the School’s Berlin program during their first spring semester program and have the option to enroll in the summer intern program managed by the University’s Co-op program. After completing a first year introductory curriculum, students in the Three-year program merge into the Two-year M.Arch curriculum.
A portfolio is preferred but not required for applicants to this program. A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required to apply.
NOTE: This program begins in Summer 2, not September.
Required Materials for ALL candidates
NOTE: the GREs are NOT required for application to our program.
- Application fee – US $75.00
- Personal Statement (1 page or less)
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended * (Unofficial transcripts should be uploaded to the Apply Yourself system as part of your application.
- Three Letters of Recommendation for all degree programs submitted on-line via Apply Yourself system as part of your application.
- International Applicants: Transcripts must be in English and, if applicable, also in the language of instruction. English translated transcripts must be officially certified by a translator or by an educational credential evaluation agency. Click here for more information.
Applicants to the three-year program:
- Portfolio preferred but not required*
- English Proficiency for all international applicants (TOEFL 100 iBT or IELTS 7.0 for Architecture)
- 3.0 GPA
- 1 semester of college physics*
- 1 semester of college calculus*
* Students who enter into the program without Calculus and/or Physics have 1 year from date of matriculation to complete and pass the courses. Course maybe taken at NU or elsewhere.
Send portfolios (if applicable) and official transcripts (only upon enrollment) to:
CAMD Graduate Studies
Attention: Moki Smith
Coordinator, Graduate Student Services
360 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115