Students interested in the College of Arts, Media and Design should apply to Northeastern University through the Common Application and can learn about required application materials and deadlines through Northeastern Undergraduate Admissions. At the time of application, students should choose one of the following program areas:
- Art / Media Arts / Design
- Communication Studies
- Game Design
- Media and Screen Studies
- Music Composition and Technology*
- Music / Music Industry
- Studio Art* (joint program with the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (SMFA))
- CAMD Undeclared
*Indicates portfolio requirement
After admission, students who applied to Art / Media Arts / Design, Architecture, Game Design, Music and CAMD Undeclared will work with our advising staff and faculty to determine a major that matches their interests.
Required & optional portfolios
All prospective students may submit a portfolio of work to supplement their application.
- Students applying to Studio Art and Music Composition and Technology are required to submit a portfolio of work when they apply.
- Students applying to any other CAMD major are welcome to submit an optional portfolio of work reflecting talent in any CAMD discipline during the admission process. You can learn more about our portfolio recommendations and the program here.
All students who submit portfolios will be automatically considered for the college’s Creative Leaders program.