Northeastern University is located in the heart of historic Boston, a vibrant and rich cultural community with hundreds of diverse arts organizations, world-class museums, and distinctive colleges and universities.
The College of Arts, Media and Design is Northeastern University’s hub for creativity and entrepreneurship, combining rigorous academic study with hands-on learning and a vibrant spirit of innovation. Our programs of study include: Architecture, Art + Design, Communication Studies, Game Design, Journalism, Media and Screen Studies, Music, and Theatre.
More information about the college and its approach to academia in the arts can be found here.
We welcome excellent candidates for faculty positions. You may find a listing of available faculty positions on Northeastern’s Human Resources Management (HRM) Web site or by using the links below. The HRM Web site also details the portfolio of faculty benefits and services designed to enhance your academic life here at Northeastern.
- Full-time positions
- Part-time positions
- Full-time Interdisciplinary positions
- Part-time Interdisciplinary positions
The Northeastern Difference
In addition to a robust portfolio of competitive benefits and services for full-time employees, Northeastern offers a basic suite of policies designed to attract and retain faculty and assist them in balancing work-life issues.
- Tenure Clock Extension Policy: The university recognizes that there may be compelling circumstances that may result in the practical impossibility of the faculty member to carry out the professional development required during the normal probationary (pre-tenure) period. More information about Northeastern’s tenure clock extension policy is available here.
- Modified Duties Policy for Tenure-Line Faculty: In view of the demands of parenting newly born or adopted children, Northeastern University provides a semester of modified duties without a reduction in salary to tenured and tenure-track faculty who meet certain criteria. In most circumstances, tenure-track faculty members who request and receive a semester of modified duties under this policy will automatically have their tenure clocks extended by one year.
- Course Load Reduction for New Tenure-Track Faculty: To support and assist newly hired junior faculty in establishing their research programs, the departments provide a one course release from teaching during the first year and a full semester course release during the second year.
- Dual Career Hiring: Northeastern University understands that responding to the needs of dual career academic couples is an important consideration in recruiting and retaining excellent faculty members. Human Resources Management can assist in connecting partners with appropriate internal staff positions as well as with the resources of HERC-New England, which collects in one site advertised positions at a range of academic and medical institutions throughout New England.