Nominations for our prestigious Boston Public High School (BPHS) scholarships will only be accepted from guidance counselors or headmasters through our password-protected Web site. For your school's password, contact Jeremy Daley, Admissions Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tricia Williamson, Associate Director at email@example.com. Each school may nominate up to four candidates. Please note that if written recommendation was not included in the student’s application, nominators must submit a statement about the student’s attributes which make them eligible for this scholarship.
The nomination deadline for Fall 2013 freshman applicants has passed. The BPHS Scholarship Committee will review nominees and invite finalists to interview in February.
Boston Public High School Scholarship Information
- Full tuition, room and board scholarships awarded annually.
- Be a Boston Public High School Senior.
- Be in the top 10% of their high school class and have taken an academically challenging curriculum through their high school career.
- Have demonstrated creativity, diversity, engagement, global perspective, leadership, resiliency or other qualities indicative of the ability to contribute to Northeastern’s diverse and vibrant community.
- Be a U.S. citizen or documented permanent resident.
- Be nominated by their high school guidance counselor or headmaster.
- Complete the FAFSA by the priority filing deadline of February 15. In order to be fully considered for financial aid, students should complete the FAFSA and CSS PROFILE by February 15.
- Be admitted into Northeastern University’s full-time day program and enroll in the fall semester following high school graduation.
- Must maintain the required GPA at Northeastern.
- Must participate in the Civic Engagement Program, requiring 100 hours of civic engagement experience each year through the Center for Community Service.
- Complete the FAFSA each year by the priority filing deadline.
- Nominations from guidance counselors or headmasters must be received by January 9.
- No special application is required however interested students must apply for admission by the Early Action deadline of November 1 or the Regular Decision deadline of January 15.
- The priority filling date for financial aid applications is February 15. The required forms are available online by visiting www.northeastern.edu/financialaid
- Each school may nominate up to four candidates.
- A maximum of two scholarships may be awarded per school.
- Questions about BPHS Scholarships can be directed to Jeremy Daley, Admissions Counselor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617.373.2423.