School of Nursing
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Nursing
If you have already earned a master's degree and seek further preparation in a specialization to qualify for national certification, the Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study is designed to meet your goal. The program is available in all of the specializations and areas of concentration offered within the Nursing master's program: Neonatal NP, Acute Care NP, Primary Care (pediatric, adult, family), Psychiatric/Mental Health (adult, pediatric), Nursing Administration and Nurse Anesthesia.
Read the admissions requirements.
Courses are scheduled late in the day and in the evening to accommodate other demands on your schedule. For curriculum and more information about each program, visit their individual Web pages.
- Read about the Adult Acute Care NP CAGS option.
- Read about the Neonatal NP CAGS option.
- Read about the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Primary and Acute Care, CAGS options.
- Read about the Primary Care CAGS options.
- Read about the Psychiatric/Mental Health CAGS options.
- Read about the Nursing Administration CAGS option.
- Read about the Nurse Anesthesia CAGS option.
The curriculum meets the academic requirements of the national certificate examinations. Since requirements for the examinations differ for each specialization, you will need to contact the national certification association directly to find out what the eligibility requirements are for your specialization.
Because of Northeastern's long experience and reputation in practice-oriented education, we are able to draw on a large array of affiliations, alumni, and professional connections to help place you in a health care setting that will enable you to reach your professional goals. Practicum opportunities are available across all sectors of the health care system, including private, public, and nonprofit institutions and community programs. Some include:
- Partner's Integrated Delivery Systems
- Tufts New England Medical Center
- Care Group
- Boston Medical Center
- Cambridge Health Alliance
- Neighborhood Health Centers in Boston & Cambridge
- Long-term care, hospice, and rehabilitation centers