Exercise Science (MS) Admission
To be considered for admission, students must have completed the following requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree in a science or health-related discipline from an accredited college or university
- 2 undergraduate courses in anatomy and physiology, and 1 course in exercise physiology. These may be taken at any accredited university. After satisfactory completion of anatomy & physiology, you may apply and be accepted provisionally and take undergraduate exercise physiology at Northeastern.
- 3 letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the student's academic or clinical experience
- Official copy of scores of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT), or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT). These tests must have been taken within the last 5 years.
- The GRE is required and cannot be waived for students with baccalaureate degrees. Students with a master's degree should contact the program director to determine if the GRE can be waived.
- For applicants whose native language is not English, an official copy of the results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Individuals with a score of less than 250 must be certified by the English Language Center before they can be admitted.
- One year of health-related work experience is recommended, but not required
For more information about applying, please visit the Graduate Student Services website.
Carmen Castaneda Sceppa, MD, PhD
316 Robinson Hall