Students who have already earned, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree, may apply for graduate special student status in order to take graduate-level courses without enrollment in a graduate degree program at Northeastern. Special students are enrolled on a part-time basis and cannot exceed more than two courses per semester. A maximum of twelve semester hours over time may be earned prior to applying to a degree program. If you would be considered an international student, please contact our International Student and Scholar Institute (ISSI) before applying for this student status to determine if you can take classes on a part-time basis.
Fall Consideration – August 25th
Spring Consideration – December 15th
Summer Consideration – April 15th
Required Application Materials
Please note that in addition to the submission of your on-line application, all required application materials must also be received by the deadline in order for your application to be considered.
- Application fee – US $75.00
- Personal Statement
- Unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended should be uploaded to the Apply Yourself system as part of your application. strong>International Applicants: Transcripts must be in English and, if applicable, also in the language of instruction. English translated transcripts must be officially certified by a translator or by an educational credential evaluation agency. If admitted, fully evaluated official transcripts will be required within 30 days of matriculation. Please click here for more details. (click here links to: http://www.northeastern.edu/cos/future-students/college-of-science-graduate-school/materials-required/)
- English Proficiency for all international applicants (from ONE of the following):
- Degree earned at U.S. institution, or
- Degree earned at an institution where English is the only medium of instruction, or
- Official exam scores from either the TOEFL iBT or IELTS exam
For more information about fees and financial aid options, visit Student Financial Services.