Northeastern is an experiential, research university with a global reach.
- Students are taking advantage of experiential opportunities (working in their areas of interest or academic major) in 92 countries around the world and on every continent.
- More than 6,300 international students from more than 140 countries worldwide are currently enrolled, a figure that represents a 15 percent increase from last year and a 165 percent increase from five years ago.
- The highly successful Dialogue of Civilizations program affords students the opportunity to delve deeply into other cultures, as does traditional study abroad.
- Our innovative NUin program offers freshmen an enriching international experience and college credit, as they spend their first Northeastern fall in one of several international locations.
- Our international research and business partnerships with universities and research centers in Europe and Asia continue to grow.
Urban engagement—including active partnerships with organizations throughout the city of Boston—is a central part of the University’s mission.
- Over 185,000 hours of community service performed annually
- 200+ community-based organization service partners
- An estimated $395 million in direct and indirect economic impact in Boston
- The highest undergraduate success rate for Boston Public School graduates of any institution in the region —86% of admitted BPS students earn a bachelor’s degree
- More than $19 million in financial aid to Boston residents (at the time of application) each year