Northeastern is home to a vibrant and competitive athletic program, with academically focused athletes who are deeply involved in the life of the University and the community.
- Academically-focused student-athletes achieved a cumulative GPA of 3.115 in 2011-12, with 185 earning Dean's List
- Nine varsity sports posted the highest NCAA Academic Progress Rate in their conference, while four additional teams scored in the top four in their conference
- Deep commitment to community service, with student-athletes from every team providing hours of mentorship and service to local Boston neighborhoods
- Eighteen varsity sports at the NCAA Division I level
- Compete in Colonial Athletic Association, Hockey East Association, and Eastern Association of Rowing Colleges (men’s and women’s)
- Forty-three club teams, serving more than 1,200 students, with 22 teams advancing to their respective national championship tournaments
- Thirty-two intramural sports serving more than 11,000 students
Northeastern students are actively engaged in more than 300 organizations, contributing to a dynamic and culturally rich campus life.
|Club sports teams||41|
|Ethnic and cultural organizations||31|
|Fraternities and sororities||26|
|Living Learning Communities||30|
|Performing arts organizations||22|
|Religious and spiritual organizations||11|
|Special interest groups||55|