The Cooperative Education Program at Northeastern University, also known as "Co-op" is an educational model that provides students with opportunities to alternate periods of academic study and periods of paid, full-time employment related to their academic majors and interests.
For you, the employer, the program offers a continual gateway to enthusiastic employees with developing skills and talents, as well as potential relationships with future colleagues.
This partnership offers you:
- A simple, cost-effective way to meet human resource needs: no fringe benefits, no recruitment costs - Co-op students are paid as temporary hourly employees;
- Six-month Co-op periods, with ample time for students to be productive and valuable employees (scheduling back-to-back co-op periods results in full-time coverage for on-going work);
- Opportunities to create flexible work environments in which permanent staff are able to take on special projects or complete "hard to get to" projects while co-op students take on recurring work; and
- The enthusiasm, fresh perspective, and energy of talented young people eager to learn.
To read more about the benefits of the Co-op Program:
- See what employers think
- See a PSA about how competitive our students are in the job search market.
- read a PowerPoint about the program here
- and/or see a publication about Co-op - The Power of Experience
POST A CO-OP JOB
To participate in the Northeastern Co-op Program please fill out the Job Description Form. Please be sure to choose the College of Social Sciences and Humanities, and choose my name (Lisa Worsh) so that this request comes directly to me. Thank you!
Dates of Up-coming Co-op Cycles (dates students will be working/Six-Month Assignments*)
|Spring/Summer I, 2013
|January 2 (Wednesday)||June 28 (Friday)|
|Summer II/Fall, 2013
|July 1 (Monday)||December 27 (Friday)|
|Spring/Summer I, 2014
|January 6 (Monday)||June 27 (Friday)|
|Summer II/Fall, 2014
|June 30 (Monday)||December 31 (Wednesday)|
* In cases in which the proposed end date falls during the week (i.e. Wednesday), the employer has the option of extending the co-op assignment to the Friday at the end of that week.Each student should confirm the actual end date for his or her co-op assignment with the employer, as well as, with the co-op coordinator.
SUGGESTED POSTING/INTERVIEWING TIMELINES
To see suggested hiring and interviewing timelines (to work within the dates shown above), click here. Good luck and Thank you for your interest!
Thank you for visiting the Employer page. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of more assistance to you.