Other Options

There are other options when paying an individual.

Payroll Options

  • In lieu of Professional Services Agreement you can "payroll" the independent service provider with Northeastern University's temporary help agency.
  • Temporary Non-Student Employees status (a solution for certain short-term assignments)


Vendor Options

  • Finding another vendor. Many times these opportunities present themselves this way because an individual is trying to circumvent the requirements contained in the Massachusetts or Federal Regulations. The University should avoid these circumstances to protect our own interests.