Systems Engineering of Aviation Security Systems
The Seventeenth Advanced Development for Security Applications Workshop (ADSA17) will be held on October 17-18, 2017 at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. The title of the workshop is, “Systems Engineering of Aviation Security Systems.”
The ADSA workshops are convened by the DHS Center of Excellence (COE) for Awareness and Localization of Explosives-Related Threats (ALERT).
These workshops are by invitation only.
Date and Time: The ADSA17 will take place on Tuesday, October 17, from 8:30am – 6:00pm, and Wednesday, October 18, from 8:00am – 4:00pm. Check-in and breakfast will start at 7:30 AM on both days.
Location: 17th Floor Event Space, East Village, Northeastern University, Boston, MA (Street Address: (291 Saint Botolph Street, Boston, MA 02115).
Map: East Village is #82 on the Northeastern Campus Map.
Participants: By invitation only. Registration fees apply.
Agenda: View the latest agenda here [updated 10/10/2017].
Specific topics that will be addressed include:
- Requirement specifications for systems and subsystems
- Metadata – acquisition and use
- Risk – assessment, management and use
- Deterrence and hardening
- Layered security
In addition, there will be presentations on the following topics:
- Emerging technologies (sensors and algorithms)
- Aviation cargo inspection
- Customs, borders, Coastguard and other venues
- Stakeholder perspectives
- Behavior detection
- Deep learning
The final reports for all previous ADSA workshops can be found at: https://myfiles.neu.edu/groups/ALERT/strategic_studies.
Parking and Other Transportation
- MBTA Green Line/Heath Street Stop: “Northeastern University.”
- MBTA Orange Line Stop: “Ruggles Station.”
Northeastern University Parking
- Closest NU Garage: Gainsborough Parking Garage (#45 on the campus map), located at 10 Gainsborough Street, Boston.
- Additional NU Parking: Renaissance Parking Garage (#62 on the campus map), located at 835 Columbus Avenue, Boston.
Parking will be validated – please remember to bring your garage ticket with you to the workshop.
A Hotel Room Block has been reserved for the nights of October 16th and 17th, 2017 at the Inn at Longwood Medical and the Colonnade Hotel.
Inn at Longwood Information:
- The rate for the room block is $229/night + taxes.
- To book, visit the hotel website (click here) or call the hotel at 617-731-4700 or 1-800-468-2378.
- The room block code is “ADSA1016.”
- Please note: availability is limited and the block will expire on October 5, 2017.
Colonnade Hotel Information:
- The rate for the room block is $303/night + taxes.
- Hotel website location and accommodation information (click here).
- For information on how to book, contact Tiffany Lam at email@example.com or 617-373-5110.
- Please note: availability is limited and the block will expire on September 18, 2017.
Other suggested hotels nearby:
Each attendee will be prompted for secure payment prior to the completion of their registration. Fee rates are based on attendee affiliation:
- Government Agency, National Labs and Academia: $100 per person.
- Industry (Mid-Large Business): $500 per person.
- Industry (Small Business*): $250 per person.
- ALERT University Partners, ADSA16 Speakers, and ALERT/Gordon-CenSSIS Industry Members are exempt from registration fees.
*Small businesses are defined as having fewer than 500 employees.
Reimbursements – *Available for Academic Speakers Only*
Please see reimbursement guidelines (click here) for instructions, cost limitations, and other information. In order to submit your expenses, you must complete the expense reimbursement form and submit a signed copy along with all original receipts within 10 days of the completion of your trip.
Innovation Fast Track
EXCLUSIVE TO CENTER MEMBERS: Log in to explore your Innovation Fast Track, an online portal that gives you one-stop access to center researchers, funding opportunities, exclusive events and more.Learn More
Students, get connected with Industry Partners, find out about research and volunteer opportunities within ALERT, or get advice on how to best showcase your work at Student Central.Learn More
ALERT is led by Northeastern University (NEU) and includes three key academic strategic partners: Boston University, Purdue University, and University of Rhode Island (URI).Learn More