Advanced Cargo CT
Development of advanced CT reconstruction methods for cargo screening
- Develop accurate physics-based model of high energy cargo sensing
- Accurate modeling and inclusion of scatter, noise, etc.
- Model-based image reconstruction from limited angle measurements, use of local tomography methods
- Application of compressed sensing methods for improved image quality
Relevance to the Homeland Security Enterprise
- Generation of fully 3D cargo imagery from static X-ray sensing
- Enhanced object localization and classification
- Reduction of false alarms
- Increase in sensitivity and detection of objects of interest.