ALERT Technology Showcase
ALERT Technology Showcase Information
ALERT is hosting a Technology Showcase on May 14th, 2019 at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. This event will feature presentations, posters, and technology demonstrations of ALERT research and tools. The objective of the Showcase is to demonstrate the impact and transition of ALERT’s work on Department of Homeland Security components such as the Transportation Security Administration and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection as well as its impact on the homeland security enterprise as a whole.
Intrinsic to this objective is a close collaboration with industry and government stakeholders. Each presentation, poster and demonstration will feature this collaboration in order to highlight the transition paths of the technologies. Attendees will have ample time throughout the day to interact with individual project leaders and collaborators to learn more about their results.
The ALERT Technology Showcase will be held in conjunction with the ADSA20 Workshop, which will be held May 15-16, 2019 at Northeastern University in Boston, MA. For more information on ADSA20, please visit the ADSA20 event page!
Location: Room 102 (auditorium), Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex, Northeastern University, 805 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA 02120
Map: Interdisciplinary Science and Engineering Complex is #83 on the Northeastern Campus Map.
Participants: By invitation only. Please contact Tiffany Lam at email@example.com if you are interested in attending.
Agenda: Agenda as of 04/10/19
Posters: Posters as of 04/10/19
Demos: Demos as of 04/10/19
Hotel Room Blocks have been reserved at the following two Boston hotels for both the ADSA20 and ALERT Technology Showcase, for the nights of May 13, 14, and 15. Booking information and rates are listed below:
- The rate for the room block is $339
- Room block code: Northeastern ADSA20
- To book, visit the hotel website (click here) or call the hotel at 617-424-7000 or 800-962-3030.
- This block will expire on April 24, 2019
- The rate for the room block is $239
- Room block code: ADSA0519
- To book, visit the hotel website (click here) or call the hotel at 617-731-4700 or 1-800-468-2378.
- This block will expire on April 19, 2019
Parking and Other Transportation
- MBTA Green Line/Heath Street Stop: “Northeastern University.”
- MBTA Orange Line Stop: “Ruggles Station.”
Northeastern University Parking
- Closest NU Garage: Gainsborough Parking Garage (#45 on the campus map), located at 10 Gainsborough Street, Boston.
- Additional NU Parking: Renaissance Parking Garage (#62 on the campus map), located at 835 Columbus Avenue, Boston.
Parking will be validated – please remember to bring your garage ticket with you to the workshop.