Customs and Border Protection Advanced Developments
Encompassing Processes & Technologies, Workshop 2
Theme: Advanced Development and Processes for Tomorrow
The second workshop on Advanced Developments Encompassing Processes and Technologies for Customs and Border Protection (CBP-ADEPT-02)* will be held July 17-18, 2019, at Northeastern University in Boston. The workshop will address advanced development and processes for tomorrow.
This workshop is a spinoff of the ADSA workshops that have been held to address aviation security. The Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (DHS-CBP) has funded a new series of workshops dedicated to CBP. The format of the workshop is designed to encourage discussion during presentations. The feedback from the ADSA workshops is that the discussion is what differentiates workshops from other meetings and conferences.
This workshop is convened by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Center of Excellence (COE) for Awareness and Localization of Explosives-Related Threats (ALERT) at Northeastern University. ALERT is supported by the DHS Science and Technology and Customs and Borders Protection Office of Field Operations through the DHS Office of University Programs.
Presentations will be given in the following areas:
- An adaptive adversary
- Integration of equipment and data
- Collection and use of meta-data
- Insider threats
- Adaptation of TSA technologies
- Economics – incentives
- Simulation tools
- War gaming applications
Speakers will include:
- DHS-CBP and other regulatory agencies discussing problems
that need novel solutions
- Vendors, Academia, and National Labs discussing emerging technologies
*Note that the name of the CBP workshop series was changed for the second CBP workshop to reduce confusion with the original ADSA workshops.
Date and Time: Wednesday, July 17 – Thursday, July 18, 2019
Location: Raytheon Amphitheater, Egan Research Center, Northeastern University, Boston, MA (Street Address: 120 Forsyth Street, Boston, MA 02115)
Map: The Egan Research Center is #60 on the Northeastern Campus Map.
Participants: By invitation only, registration fees apply.
These workshops are by invitation only. Please contact Tiffany Lam at email@example.com if you are interested in attending.
Each attendee will be prompted for secure payment prior to the completion of their registration. Fee rates are based on attendee affiliation:
- Government Agency, National Labs and Academia: $100 per person.
- Industry (Mid-Large Business): $500 per person.
- Industry (Small Business*): $250 per person.
- ALERT University Partners, CBP-ADEPT-02 Speakers, and ALERT/Gordon-CenSSIS Industry Members are exempt from registration fees.
*Small businesses are defined as having fewer than 500 employees.
Parking and Other Transportation
- MBTA Green Line/Heath Street Stop: “Northeastern University”
- MBTA Orange Line Stop: “Ruggles Station”
Northeastern University Parking
- Closest NU Garage: Gainsborough Parking Garage (#45 on the campus map), located at 10 Gainsborough Street, Boston.
- Additional NU Parking: Renaissance Parking Garage (#62 on the campus map), located at 835 Columbus Avenue, Boston.
Parking will be validated – please remember to bring your garage ticket with you to the workshop.
A Hotel Room Block will be reserved for the nights of July 16 and July 17, 2019 at the Inn at Longwood Medical and The Colonnade Hotel. Hotel block information will be provided at a later date.
Reimbursements – *Available for Academic Speakers Only*
Please see reimbursement guidelines for instructions, cost limitations, and other information. In order to submit your expenses, you must complete the expense reimbursement form and submit a signed copy along with all original receipts within 10 days of the completion of your trip.