STRIDE Faculty Search Committee Workshop
STRIDE stands for Strategies and Tactics for Recruiting to Improve Diversity and Excellence. The Committee is a team of Northeastern senior faculty who aim to increase faculty diversity by leading interactive faculty discussions focused on understanding implicit biases in evaluation processes and offering good practices in the faculty search process. The workshops are open to all colleges on the Northeastern campus.
STRIDE Workshop Dates for 2017-18
- STRIDE Workshop 2-Oct, 3:00-4:30 in 440 Egan
- STRIDE Workshop 17-Oct, 1:00-2:30 in 440 Egan
- STRIDE Workshop 13-Nov, 10:30-12:00 in 440 Egan RSVP here
- STRIDE Workshop 11-Dec, 1:00-2:30 in 440 Egan RSVP here
- STRIDE Workshop 05-Feb, 1:00-2:30 in 440 Egan RSVP here
- STRIDE Workshop 13-Feb, 1:00-2:30 in 440 Egan RSVP here
Dates for the 2018-19 academic year will be announced in summer of 2018.
ADVANCE created the STRIDE Committee in 2008 with workshops beginning in fall 2009 based on the highly acclaimed University of Michigan STRIDE Recruitment Committee. Over 350 Northeastern faculty members have participated since its inception with STRIDE good practices positively impacting the faculty search process.
STRIDE Committee Members 2016-17
Chair of STRIDE Committee
Professor of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Professor in the Department of Physical Therapy, Movement & Rehabilitation Sciences
University Distinguished Professor of Psychology
Professor of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Professor of Accounting
Professor of Law