Candidates applying for admission to the studio art and music technology programs are required to submit a portfolio for review by a faculty committee. Portfolios are recommended for majors within the Department of Art and Design. You can find a list of all art and design majors here.
The deadlines to submit required portfolios are as follows:
- Early action applicants: November 7
- Early Decision applicants: November 7
- Regular decision applicants: January 30
- Transfer applicants: October 17 (Spring 2015 admission)
All portfolios should be submitted through our online portfolio submission portal, SlideRoom. Please be aware that SlideRoom charges a $10 fee.
Art + Design
Candidates applying to the studio art major (in collaboration with the School of the Museum of Fine Arts) are required to submit a portfolio in order to be considered for admission. Students applying for admission to any major or combined major within the Department of Art and Design are strongly recommended to submit a portfolio. You can find instructions on how to produce a portfolio on the CAMD website.
Music Technology Portfolio
Candidates applying to the music composition and technology major and the combined computer science and music technology major are required to submit a portfolio in order to be considered for admission. Portfolios must include:
- Three representative examples of your creative work in a form that best represents the project, including lead sheets of original songs or printed scores of original compositions or arrangements. Digital formats may include MIDI or digital audio files or URLs for websites that include original music or sounds. Audio recordings of compositions are highly recommended. Video recordings of live performances of your music are also acceptable.
- A short statement explaining your involvement in the creation of the work. The statement should note whether you are the sole creator or a collaborator; the composer, arranger, or remixer; and whether you are performing the work on the recording(s).
- A separate one-page statement describing your musical background, influences, and goals as well as why you think the music technology program is right for you.
Please visit the music technology’s website for more information.