Human Resource Management - Department and Staff Work Schedules
||Department and Staff Work Schedules
| Policy / Procedure No:
||Human Resource Management
PURPOSE: To address Department and Staff work schedules
SCOPE: All on-going University budgeted and grant-funded positions
- Department heads are responsible for establishing and communicating regular office hours for the department as needed to meet the requirements of the area. All departments are expected to be open a minimum of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- To ensure that the needs of the unit are met and that student and customer service is effectively provided, department heads are responsible for setting and communicating expectations regarding staff work schedules.
- All staff must fulfill the full responsibilities of their job including the duties and established number of hours for the position. Individuals are expected to work beyond the established work schedule when necessary in order to meet the demands of their role.
- Department heads may arrange alternative work schedules with individual staff members consistent with department needs and with the above-stated requirements.
- When staff must respond to pressing personal issues, department heads are always encouraged to accommodate short-term needs for adjusted schedules.
- The University offers a wide range of benefits and services to support work life balance for faculty and staff including generous time off polices, a flexible summer work schedule and extra time off during the winter holidays.