Human Resource Management - Job Classification and Pay Rates for Temporary
Policy and Procedure
||Job Classification and Pay Rates for Temporary
| Policy / Procedure No:
||Human Resource Management/Student Employment Office
||Position description for temporary job, generic job
Pay Rate Table
PURPOSE: To determine appropriate job classification and pay level utilizing seven generic job descriptions in order to ensure consistent and equitable pay practices.
SCOPE: Temporary payroll employees, both non-students and students.
- Jobs are classified utilizing seven generic job descriptions with various skill levels and responsibilities (see temporary generic job descriptions).
- The job classification determines the corresponding pay rate (current pay rates are available in HRM or Office of Student Employment).
- The hiring department supervisor/manager writes a job summary describing the qualifications, skills and responsibilities required for the job.
- The supervisor/manager works with the Student Employment Office for classifying all student positions, in consultation with Compensation as needed. Descriptions for non-student positions are sent directly to Compensation. After review, the appropriate job classification and corresponding pay rate are assigned to the position.
- Pay rates outside the established pay rates (over $30) require consultation with and approval by the Student Employment Office for student employees and Compensation for non-student employees.
- Rates above $50.00/hour require written authorization from the Senior Vice President.