Business Office - Bookstore Purchases
|Policy / Procedure No:
|Purpose: ||To define procedures for purchasing work-related items at the Bookstore.
| Who Performs: || University Bookstore staff.
|Documents Needed: ||Procurement Card or Green Bookstore Requisition .
||Items purchased with a
Bookstore Requisition or Procurement Card are charged at a discount off retail pricing.
|Special Instructions: || Bookstore requisitions must be used only for purchasing work-related items.
|Contact Department: ||NU Bookstore, 4 Ell Building (lower level), x2286.
Procedure for Procurement Card:
- Procard holder can go to Bookstore and bring merchandise to the designated faculty/staff register at the front of the bookstore.
- Procard holder should notify the cashier that the transaction will be on the Procard.
- The cashier will ring up the sale, applying appropriate discounts and not applying tax.
- Procard holder will sign receipt and keep copy for his/her records.
Procedure for Green Requisition:
- Department contact obtains green Bookstore Requisition from the Business Office at 123 Cullinane Hall.
- Department contact completes Bookstore Requisition and obtains required authorization signature.
- Department contact brings requisition to the Bookstore and selects items to be purchased.
- Department contact brings the items and requisition to the designated
faculty/staff register at the front of the Bookstore.
- Cashier fills out necessary areas on requisition and department contact
initials and signs completed requisition.
- Cashier gives department contact a carbon copy of the requisition and a reciept for office files.
- All purchases appear on the monthly budget sheets.