Innovation Team Award
The Innovation Team Award recognizes a team whose pioneering ideas and achievements support the university’s mission and values, and promote institutional excellence.
Visitor Center Team
- Kerry Salerno, Senior Director of Marketing and Communications, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs (EMSA), Team Leader
- Donald Berthelette, Project Manager, Facilities
- Renee Buck, Project Manager, EMSA
- Michaela Duffy, Assistant to the Vice President, EMSA
- Kurt Heissenbuttel, Associate Director of Admissions for Visitor and Alumni Service, EMSA
- Frank Mahoney Jr., Director of Special Projects, Facilities
- Warren Mann, Media Design Service Manager, Information Services (IS)
- Derek Navisky, Project Consultant, IS
- John Ombelets, Senior Managing Editor, Marketing and Communications
- Robert Whelan, Director of Network and Telecommunications Systems, IS
- Wendy Ings Witt, Associate Director of Admissions, EMSA
- Nicholas Zinser, Director of Enrollment Systems, EMSA
The Visitor Center Team, in collaboration with several external partners, worked for a year to create and implement a first-of-its-kind “high-tech, high-touch” visitor center—one that telegraphs Northeastern’s commitment to providing an innovative, global, experiential education. In reinventing the visitor center experience, the team combined cutting-edge technology with attention to personal service, creating a memorable and highly interactive visit that invites prospective students to visualize the many possibilities Northeastern offers for global experience and intellectual exploration.