The John D. O’Bryant African-American Institute proudly partners with the Northeastern University Black Alumni Association (NUBAA) Scholarship in administering and awarding these funds. The NUBAA Scholarship recognizes students who have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership, and community service.
The scholarship awards range from $1,000 to $5000 and emergency support (books, supplies, travel, etc.) is determined on a case-by-case basis.
THE NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY BLACK ALUMNI ASSOCIATION (NUBAA) SCHOLARSHIP FUND
The NUBAA Scholarship Fund was established by members of Northeastern’s Black Alumni Assoociation as a means to assist students in their efforts to succeed at Northeastern. The scholarship seeks to provide students with financial resources to overcome emergency situations and finance their education.
In addition to meeting the general stipulations of the scholarship, students must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be a full-time undergraduate Northeastern student
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must demonstrate financial need (A FAFSA must be filed)
- Must not be on any form of university probation
- Please complete the application in its entirety and have it faxed or postmarked by October 11, 2016. Additionally, please print out the Waiver for Release of Information and also fax or turn it into the John D. O’Bryant African-American Institute with a completed signature no later than October 11, 2016