Northeastern University Growth and Opportunity for Asian American Leaders is a program specifically designed for first and second year Asian American students who are looking to increase and gain experiences to empower themselves as leaders at Northeastern University and beyond. A cohort of students will be chosen based on their potential as future leaders and need for leadership development. This seven week program will focus on the intersection of leadership and Asian American racial identity through discussions and projects. It will be facilitated by current Asian American student leaders and AAC staff.
Applications for the program will be accepted in the Fall and the entire program will occur in the Spring. Applicants must be in their first and second years at Northeastern University.
- Students will be able to define leadership in relationship to their own racial identity.
- Students will be able to describe their leadership strengths.
- Students will be able to employ their leadership style and strengths in their daily lives.
- Students will be able to analyze leadership in the Asian American community.
- Students will be able to propose a meaningful intervention for building Asian American leadership capacity.
- Students will be able to assess the need for leadership development within the Asian American community at Northeastern.